Thursday, July 30, 2009

MGS1 in one sitting

So this last Saturday I was playing Metal Gear Solid 4, which made me nostalgic for MGS 1, so I popped it into the PS3 to see if it would work, and it did. Delighted I started it up with the idea that I would play for a half hour or so, then save my progress, quit, and come back when Nostalgia bit me again.

Then my wife came in, and she thought it was very interesting, and we ended up playing through the whole dang thing in one sitting. Well, my wife went to bed an hour before it was over, but I saved it, then finished it up just so that I could say I had done it. It was an interesting experience, I would recommend you try it some day when you’ve got eight hours or so to burn.

I’ve really been enjoying MGS 4, the gameplay is really good. I haven’t been enjoying the story as much as some of the previous installments though. One thing that has bothered me is the four Beasts, you’re supposed to feel bad for them because they’ve had horrible lives. But their stories are told by another character after you’ve just killed them, and he always says “But you cleansed her, you should feel real proud.” It all feels a bit contrived, a bit like Li'l Brudder from Strong Bad.

Anyway, playing a great game through in one sitting, something I definitely recommend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home